Saturday, February 3, 2018

I Baked You A Cake | Newton's Nook


A clean and simple watercolor card with Newton, enjoying a piece of birthday cake (calorie free of course!) I stamped Newton on Tim Holtz water color card stock and colored him with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. I love how bright and pigmented these markers are, I am gradually building up my selections of colors.

I then ink blended the background with distress oxide inks in fossilized amber, picked raspberry, and seedless preserves. Spritzed it with water and set it aside to dry and then splattered it with black flex.

I stamped a piece of black card stock with versamark ink and gold embossed it, from a sentiment from the Newton Loves Cake set. I adhered the front panel to a 110lbs white card base and left the inside blank so a note or message could be written for the recipient.


Thanks for stopping by,
CARD RECIPE
STAMPS: Newtons Nook Newton Loves Cake.
PAPER: SU Basic Black. Bristol Smooth. Neenah #110.
INK: SSS Intense Black. Distress Oxides, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Fossilized Amber.
TOOLS: Big Shot.
SUPPLIES: Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. Gold Embossing Powder, Finetec, Pop Dots.

No comments: