Friday, May 27, 2016

Challenge, and begin!

Nothing like jumping all in this week, I actually got a card completed in one day. Not only that but two challenges, the Color Throwdown Challenge and Freshly Made Sketches.

The Color Throwdown #394,

I used the sketch by Freshly Made Sketches,
Here is the card I created;

Thanks for stopping by,

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Mermaid Birthday

My best girlfriend and I exchange birthday cards every year and each year we go all out in making a card for one another. She is my only girlfriend that also makes handcrafted cards so you all know that this card needs to be {SPECIAL}. I made it up in my favourite colors and I believe they are starting to become her favourite colors as well too.

I first started stamping the mermaid with black versafine ink and masked her off with a post-it note. Punched out a cloud on a scrap piece of paper and started sponging from the top of the panel and then downwards to make the clouds. Then came back and punched out a cloud through the panel after my inked panel had dried. Then I went in and colored my mermaid with copics, I won't list the colors I used as I used a million. I used three colors of cardstock to make waves and offset them, I made one wave vellum to soften the mermaid and see her swimming in the water.

I used the fuse tool to make a shaker cloud, it is filled it with seed beads, sequins, glitter, glass beads. I used a piece of fun foam in behind the front panel to give the shaker that extra bit of room that it needed to move. Added a sentiment, sequins, and wink of stella to the cloud and the mermaid cause she needs to sparkle. Glued it really! really! good onto the card base cause it was thick by the time I was done.

I hope you enjoyed viewing this card thanks for stopping by,

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Mother's Day Roses

Here is my Mother's Day card I made for this year. I stamped this with The Sweet Life set from Papertrey Ink, on ultra smooth premium white cardstock by Spectrum Noir. I used Papertrey inks berry sorbet and pure poppy for the roses and spring moss and new leaf for the leaves. Dimensional's were added to the lower left roses and clear wink of stella was graciously put on all the roses for some sparkle. For the final touch, iridescent sequins!

I've been trying to learn a few new techniques off of YouTube and found a few new suppliers.  And as always everything I have found is out of the U.S. They cost a fortune as the exchange rate is just horrible right now.
Hopefully I'll get a few more projects up and posted in the future as I am just full of creative ideas at the moment :)

Thanks for stopping by,