Monday, May 17, 2010

Rose Wedding Invitations

The Paper Company's Metallic Crimson Red, Black Glitter & Bazzill's Glass Slipper were the colors of choice for these elegant wedding invitations that I was asked to make for my cousin who will be getting married in September 2010. I used StampinUp! Manhattan Flower embossing folder to create the embossed rose on the front. The verse was the bride and groom's personal choice.

This is a view of the inside;
The announcement and additional information were printed on linen paper to look more elegant then your typical copy paper. I learned using linen paper that it really absorbs ink and there is a slight shadow but there is no way bypassing it other then going into a commercial printer.

In total 165 invitations were made! I took pictures of some of the steps it took to complete the process.
These are the card bases, each one was individually cut from a piece of 12x12 card stock, scored and a pocket scored to be folded. Every invitation also received my custom stamped logo on the back.

Here are half of the invitation fronts. First the verse needed to be printed on the card stock then each one needed to be cut out. Then one by one all were cranked through the Cuttlebug machine using the SU! Manhattan Flower embossing folder.

Now onto my work area, one 6 foot table = 1 square foot workable area. {LOL} Shhh... I know there are others like me out there too you just won't admit it!
Thank God for Twilight & New Moon movies, I really do not know how many times I watched these movies while working on the invitations. I can not wait for Eclipse to be release now...LOL

The repetitiveness just about killed me, but all in all I am a perfectionist. They look awesome and I think they turned out great.

Three months later, and all the invitations are complete to the day of deadline.

Now would I consider doing this again... perhaps hopefully on a smaller scale, but I learned a lot on my first job at wedding invitations. Maybe the next attempt will be my own... (Rofl) ya right! Thanks for stopping by, your comments are always welcomed please post them below :) Krysta

3 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I am so impressed, well done! They look great.

Katy Myhre said...

great idea! I love embossed floral designs

Elaunda Rox said...

Hi Krysta would you consider doing my invitations for me in this design? Let me know by email on m.n.alexandrou@gmail.com