Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I made you say Underwear!

The finally of my Christmas cards for 2009. I made easel cards just for my close personal friends. How easy is it to keep a straight face for this one...LOL :)
I loved the image and new immediately who was going to get this image on their card when I saw it posted on SCS. You know when you can talk openly about underwear, you've got to be close friends!

Easel cards are definitely a favorite of mine. I love the look, the amount of paper and layers I can put onto a card. I can already see I will be taken this technique with me into 2010.

I seem to be making my easel cards 5"x5" as it is really hard to find square envelopes where I live. Only four layers on this card and I think it is self explanatory as to how I made it just by looking at it. I nestled my square Spellbinders for the verse and pop dotted everything. The panties got some added bling with iridescent glitter. I tied the easel card with this beautiful red velvet ribbon. I think all the colors go so well on this card.


I would like to Thank my followers for viewing my blog through out this past year and my regulars that have watched me progress from day 1 which was almost 9 years ago. Wow time flies. I hope to have many of my goals achieved in 2010...

As most of you know it has not been a easy year for many of us and a learning experience for me as once you get old things are not simple as they once were. I suffered a great loss in my life in November, my Granny passed away. Many of these goals she wanted to see me accomplish and I'm going to try really hard to get there.

Footprints
Also Known As "I Had a Dream"

One night I dreamed a dream.
I was walking along the beach with my Lord. Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to me and one to my Lord.

When the last scene of my life shot before me I looked back at the footprints in the sand. There was only one set of footprints. I realized that this was at the lowest and saddest times of my life. This always bothered me and I questioned the Lord about my dilemma.

"Lord, You told me when I decided to follow You, You would walk and talk with me all the way. But I'm aware that during the most troublesome times of my life there is only one set of footprints. I just don't understand why, when I need You most, You leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you."


Margaret Fishback Powers, 1964


CARD RECIPE
STAMPS: Whimsiedoodles; Digital Stamp Underwear for Christmas. Studio G; Holiday Clear Stamp
PAPER: SU! Glorious Green, American Crafts; Merrymint. Bazzill; Tropical, Red
EMBELLISHMENTS:
Iridescent Glitter
RIBBON: Red Velvet Ribbon
TOOLS: SU!; Photo Corners Punch, Small Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch. Spellbinders Square & Square Scallop. Cuttlebug
SUPPLIES: Copics, Pop Dots

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Okay, this is such a fabbie card...it totally cracks me up...I was asking my boy what he wanted for Christmas and as he was thinking my girl whispers to him...you better say something or mom is just going to get you underwear..LOL.

Sorry about your loss...

Juanita said...

This is great Krysta.
I am sorry to hear about your Granny. That makes the holidays hard. But you seem to be made of tough stuff and you will pull through.