Saturday, May 9, 2015

Seashell Birthday Card


I wanted to take part in a sketch this week and I liked the look of the My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge so I took a swing at it. I had also received my order from the retired list from Stampin Up and got to play with my new set By the Seashore.

Anyone that knows me knows that I love seashells, so I had to dive right in and play with this one.

 
I stamped the shells onto shimmer paper and clear embossed them, this really gave them an added twinkle. I had some {older} dies from Provocraft in my drawers of seashells and seahorses. I don't even know there original name to reference them by.
I wanted a fishnet look on the flag but all I had was the hexagon hive die so I embossed it onto the card stock. I pop dotted the flag and the crab, for added dimension and also outline the edge of the flag in black to give it a shadow.

Of course this card would not have been complete if I would not have put on a Crabby :) 


Thanks for stopping by,


CARD RECIPE
STAMPS: SU - By the Seashore. PTI - Wonderful Words; Birthday and Die.
PAPER: SU - Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Real Red, Crumb Cake. Recollections - Ivory Shimmer, World Map.
INK: Versa Fine - Onxy Black. Colorbox - Cranberry.
EMBELLISHMENTS: Pearls.
TOOLS: Cuttlebug.
SUPPLIES: SU- Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die, Provocraft Sea Dies, clear EP, pop dots, basic black marker.

1 comment:

Veronica Z said...

I love your ocean inspired card! Thank you for playing along with the MFT Sketch Challenge